VISUAL QUEST LIVE PAINT
Join me for a virtual workshop from Lighthorse Studios for a LIVE broadcast Visual Quest workshop!
April 11-12, 2015
VQ Live Paint is a mini weekend workshop based on my in-person painting workshops and my successful 5-week online courses, Visual Quest. For this session, you’ll be connecting with your primary archetypes (represented by animals and/or goddesses) to create a personal and symbolic painting in a day.
Visual Quest is a journey
around the Medicine Wheel.
- We begin in the East, with a blank canvas, where all possibility awaits.
- We travel to the South, where we take action and begin to see where we want to make commitments.
- Moving on to the West, we confront our challenges, what will be released and what will be received becomes known.
- We complete in the North, with finishing touches on our paintings and insights about what the journey was about for us.
Typically, this painting process is cathartic and deeply healing. We set out to complete the trip around the Wheel in a day so that we can move through what is current for us in good time, not avoiding or procrastinating the completion of the piece. The women who paint with Visual Quest come to move through the process succinctly and with lots of personal attention to what comes up during the process. It’s deep, and the work gets done. Leaps and bounds are made in a short time, and we don’t have to paint or process our challenges and fears alone. Engaging in community over the weekend helps so much- feedback is honest, supportive, and non-projective.
All painting levels welcome.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
All instruction is held during Pacific Daylight Time (PDT):
- WEDNESDAY April 8
Receive your email with Spreecast links and instructions
- SATURDAY April 11
9am-10am | EAST: Instruction, journey and PAINT
11pm-12pm | SOUTH: Check in + Instruction
2pm-3pm | WEST: PAINT + Instruction
4pm-5pm | NORTH: Check in + Instructions for Completion
- SUNDAY April 12
Noon-1:30 | Share insights and Paintings
Visual Quest utilizes the process of shamanic journey and mixed-media painting process, both of which we’ll engage in on the day of the workshop. What’s most intriguing about this process is your trip down the rabbit-hole in search of the guides and messages deep within you, from before birth and since! The process involves gathering sacred information from inside of you, about you, (which relates to what is universal in each of us), and bringing it into visual existence where it shapeshifts, comforts, assures, and teaches you at a deeper level. The process allows you to step aside and let the message of your work find it’s own way. Combining intuitive technique and surrender to what wants to come forth, you will be left with a totemic piece of artwork which is like a personal tarot card or soul card.
It is recommended that you prepare by reading:
- The Goddess Within by Jennifer Barker Woolger and Roger J. Woolger
OR Goddesses in Everywoman by Jean Shinoda Bolen
- And/Or Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams OR Animal/Goddess references of your own which you can connect yourself to
- No prerequisite required: It is not required for you to have attended Visual Quest in the past
- 24×24 or larger canvas, board, or thick-bodied paper
- Acrylic paints in a varying palette, being sure to include white, black, cadmium light yellow, ultramarine blue, and a medium hue of red (cadmium will do).
- Waterproof India Ink
- Optional: Oil pastels, Neocolor II water soluble crayons, graphite pencils and your creative favorites
- Assorted brushes
- Water jar
- Spray water bottle
- Smock or apron
- Easel or tabletop to paint on
- Laptop/computer screen and high speed Internet
- 1 piece white chalk
Spreecast is a live streaming broadcasting service which functions optimally on Chrome and Firefox browsers. There is a live chat which scrolls on the right of your screen while live instruction is taking place in front of you. If you have never used Spreecast prior to this workshop, create a free user account before the day of the workshop, and follow my channel.