The Blue Moon is coming Friday, July 31, and there won’t be another until January 31, 2018! This means that we have a two and a half year window between the two events. A Blue Moon is a third moon in a four-moon quarter or the second moon in a calendar month-basically, an extra moon for this year and a rare event. So what do we do on rare events? When you essentially worship the awesomeness of the universe and it’s rhythms and cycles, you celebrate, of course.
My second live retreat, SouLodge Fire Circle, takes place this week and twenty-two of us will be throwing our heads back, as you can imagine. If you’d like to make the Blue Moon a special event for yourself and perhaps your community, it’s a joy to do, and an opportunity to honor the wisdom which resides inside of you, woman.
- Gather in circle with others or create a solitary space to honor your wisdom
- Open your circle with acknowledgment of the four directions and the phases you’ve completed, taking time to voice and honor the struggles which have cracked you open, and the triumphs which have lent to your awakenings
- Harvest, dry and assemble a bundle of herbs and plant medicine containing your prayers for the Blue Moon period (remember, it’s two and a half years!) and put them in a fire so the smoke will carry them upward to the spirits
- Create a simple song which honors you and your journey and sing it up to the moon
- And of course, feast on the foods which support and bring medicine to your journey!
Make sure prayers and intentions are strong all week as she waxes into her enormous fullness. It can be an emotional time, the Full Moon period, and it’s such a great chance to weep, dance, sweat, swim, with intention around releasing stored feelings which haven’t yet been expressed. Full Moons have a tendency to bring everything that was dark in the New Moon phase into the light. With Sun in it’s own sign, Leo, energies are bright and hot (productive) while Moon in Aquarius keeps ever-changing connections and relations smooth. It’s bound to be a magical week, sisters! I want to hear about your celebrations!
I’m so happy to be back here at my blog, doing what I love in more than a few digestible characters!!! It appears as though Facebook has shut down my second account, too, so I think the winds of change are asking me to leave it behind without looking back. Meanwhile, Instagram is where I’m sharing my photos and musings on all things Earth Medicine and SouLodge Ranch.
Thank you all for your tremendous support around that last post and for your conscious walks on this beautiful Earth Mama. Please hold all of us women in your thoughts this week as we make big medicine and magic in the Sacred Meadow and consider joining us next year!