Part 1 Available as Self-Study
Part 2 Self-Study Available January 2018
What is a mother wound?
The mother wound is generational pain caused by the matrilineal legacy and involves shadows which can be healed by addressing perpetual patterns rooted in shame, comparison, guilt, co-dependence, self-sabotage, invasions of privacy, boundaries violations, unsupportive community, not-enoughness, unworthiness, anxiety and depression, eating disorders, addiction, and/or a sense of not knowing oneself. It has been known to result in severed and diminished quality of relationships, poor choices in life-partners and careers, and the drama of suffering, to name a few.
Who has a mother wound?
You may suffer some level of mother-wounding if you:
- Tend to bottle up feelings or lie to protect others from your truth
- Don’t trust yourself
- Feel fractured from your intuition
- Hunger for validation from others
- Feel/felt as a child loved conditionally based on your behavior or had love withheld until you met the requirements
- Suffer frequent fight or flight syndrome
- Suffer from an insecure attachment or anxiety/depression
- Currently have or have had an eating disorder
- Have a mother who rages, sulks, punishes, guilts, practices silent treatment, and/or shames
- Have a mother with borderline personality disorder, addiction and/or mental illness
- Have a mother who wasn’t acknowledged or validated for her sacrifices or care of the family
- Have a disempowered mother
- Seek to carry your mother’s pain for her
- Have a jealous or resentful mother
- Want to “take care of” your mother
- Don’t want to make mother “feel bad”
- Yearn for mother’s approval, acknowledgement, appreciation, unconditional love
- Have a mother who withholds love or loving words to prove a point or manipulate
- Have a mother who intentionally injures you
- Become tense and/or anxious when spending time with your mother
- Have ever made choices against your well being to avoid upsetting mom, triggering her or to avoid conflict
- Have a mother who criticizes, nags, nit-picks, fault-finds
- Do not feel appreciated, seen and/or heard by your mother
- Have a sense that mother wants to do a better job of acknowledging your awesomeness, but lacks the verbal skills or has limits around her capacity to honor you
- Have a mother who has not grieved her losses or feels she has not lived up to her potential
- Have a mother who displaced her feelings and/or projects onto you and/or still does
- Sense an unofficial agreement that you are not to surpass her in virtue, glory or accomplishment
- Have a mother who competes with you or seeks to “one-up” you
- Have a mother who dominates conversations or seems needy for your time, energy and approval
- Have a mother who tends toward narcissism
- Have a mother who competes with other women
- Or your mother are energy-depleted or suffer from auto-immune disorder
- Have a mother who had a fractured relationship with her mother
- Are not safe to express your feelings to your mother, or were not safe to do so as a child
- Have a mother who relies on you for emotional support
- Have a mother who does not have authentic friends or community
- Have a mother who “knows best” or claims she knows you better than you know yourself
- Fear abandonment/rejection by mother
- Fear abandonment and/or rejection in your primary relationships, especially significant other
- Seldom feel “good enough”
- Tend to sabotage your efforts before they come to fruition
- Or your mother suffered sexual abuse, objectification or mental/physical/spiritual abuse as a child
- Consider yourself a “rescuer”, “fixer” or “manager” of the family
- Consider yourself a “people pleaser”
- Have a wounded mother who has not healed her trauma/doesn’t speak of it
Whew! That’s a mighty laundry list, eh?
2017’s online program is designed to accomplish three main goals:
- Tend the scars left by the Mother Wound with tools which connect you to who you are as a spiritual being and resources for living with more ease around your injuries
- Heal the patterning passed down through generations of inadequate nurture with ritual, ceremony, journey, meditations & forming a deeper connection to Divine Mother
- Offer spiritual support, understanding, compassion and sisterhood to a complex system which deeply affects the majority of daughters today
What this series is not designed to do:
- Substitute for a clinical therapy process
- Address or solve a mental health emergency
- Advise you on how to live your life or help you make decisions about your situation
This special series has been meticulously designed in an effort to minimize screen time and emphasize healing at a pace which is favorable to this process.
Sessions take place in 2-hour livestreaming webinars the first Thursday of each month.
The sessions will bring enlightenment to an insidious and erosive template of negativity, brighten perceptions of who you are, and educate you on how you can elect to be the healer for your lineage. Tools for moving beyond what you have come to expect as a result of maternal injuries will indeed shift.
While it may seem daunting to take on the task of looking at, feeling through and efforting to heal the mother wound, remember that the aim is to discover the nature of the energy and transform it with tools, re-patterning, self-compassion and community. The raw nature of the wound may include triggers, reactions, anxieties, holiday drama, depression, repression. The healing of the wound simply requires a willingness to listen, that you grant yourself permission to try a new way, and commit to valuing yourself.
It will also help you to remember that we are gathering not to blame or stay in contract with the mother wound, but to liberate yourself from the toxic patterns which are affecting your life today.
Part One: Clarity & Protection
Now Available As PDF Self-Study Course
This series serves to remove and clear the psyche of untrue beliefs and set up systems for a solid foundation the Mother Wound has left you without.
- Observe the family map to observe where the breakdowns occurred
- Travel inward to meet the ancestors and visit the sites where healing is to take place
- Make allies to assist in unearthing your healing
- Address fears and challenges of being in relationship
- Grieve the losses which continue to present
- Develop ways of seeing yourself as the Healer archetype for your family line
4 Video sessions
- White candles
- Altar Cloth
- Shawl or light blanket
- Packet of seeds for closing ritual + potting soil
It is recommended that you complete Part One before taking the Part Two session in Autumn, described below.
Part Two: Beyond the Narrative
The live webinar Autumn Sessions will take place first Thursdays of the month for 2 hours per day.
Think of them as healing appointments.
If you cannot make a live session, they’ll be recorded for viewing at your convenience.
During our time together, we will work to move you beyond the narrative of the wounding and into your personal legacy which carries your family forward.
- Reframe your purpose through the lens of your healing process
- Visit through journey with ancestors and sacred sites for ongoing healing and evolving relations
- Unmake vows and contracts which aren’t working and make new ones which support your path
- Acknowledge avoidant patterns and the gift of your voice
- Engage relationships with boundaries and guidelines especially for those healing a mother wound
- Define your values system and modify for quality & intimacy
PDF self paced instruction will be available in early 2018.